Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ah, Cupcakes...

Cupcakes make me smile. Cupcakes make everyone smile. That is the simple reason behind my love of cupcakes. Really, truly, what more can you ask of a dessert? Not much, I say. There are thousands of ways to have a cupcake: kid friendly, adult friendly, alcoholic or virgin, fancy or bake sale, the possibilities are never ending.

For the last few months, I have been exploring my love of baking. Growing up, baking was a weekly thing. My mom made wedding cakes, and I remember sitting at the kitchen table, helping mix the food coloring into the frosting. I loved doing that little task, and also eating the leftover frosting. In fact, I ate so much of the leftovers that I wouldn't touch buttercream for years. Now I am on a quest to find the best buttercream ever, one that doesn't contain scary ingredients.

I am also on a quest to make the best cupcakes ever. My most recent attempts have been my own creations, and my Taste Cadets have responded favorably. I will post about these experiments soon. Someday, in the distant future, I will own a cupcakery. Until then, I will keep baking and frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment